JALEdit for testing

Sunish Issac

Jan 31, 2010, 10:42:35 PM1/31/10
to jal...@googlegroups.com, jal...@googlegroups.com
New version of jaledit is available for download at
http://jaledit.googlecode.com/files/jaledit0.7.2.zip

Bug Fixes
This version fixes the random crash on compile bug.
Fixes Variable listing bug of code explorer and missing additional command line parameters option.
Note that additional command line parameters overrides the settings on the JAL tab of Environment Options.

Feature Additions
Keystroke editing and saving in editor options and PIC18 bootloader options have  been added.

I have not created the complete JALPack with latest jallib as I don't want to have major bugs in the Pack.
Please do test and send in your bug reports so that I can release the updated JALPack.

Sunish

mattschinkel

Feb 1, 2010, 1:33:17 AM2/1/10
to jaledit
It's good to see you continue to work on this wonderful software.

Can you please fix my CTRL-Y requrest? You don't understand how
annoying it is. I find that windows software use CTRL-Y for redo. When
I do press ctrl-y, it deletes a line, this then results in not
allowing me to do ctrl-shift-z because I just did something.

Thanks,
Matt.

On Jan 31, 10:42 pm, Sunish Issac <sunish....@gmail.com> wrote:
> New version of jaledit is available for download athttp://jaledit.googlecode.com/files/jaledit0.7.2.zip

mattschinkel

Feb 1, 2010, 1:36:23 AM2/1/10
to jaledit
I also found a bug. When I specify bootloader start 4 (beside 18
series preamble) it generates this:.

Compiler CommandLine:
D:\jalv2\compiler\jalv2.exe "D:\jalv2\sample\18f452_servo.jal" -s "D:
\jalv2\lib" -loader18 4-no-variable-reuse

There is no space between 4 and -no-variable-reuse

Matt.

Sunish Issac

Feb 1, 2010, 2:09:30 AM2/1/10
to jal...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 12:03 PM, mattschinkel <mattsc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
It's good to see you continue to work on this wonderful software.

Can you please fix my CTRL-Y requrest?

You don't understand how
annoying it is.

I find this comment very annoying too :-)
If you have accidentally deleted a line using Ctrl-Y you can always undo it by pressing Ctrl-Z.

Did you not read this part in the mail ?

> Feature Additions
> Keystroke editing and saving in editor options and PIC18 bootloader options
> have  been added.

If you had read it, and you couldn't figure out how to do it. Please follow the instructions below.
1)Please go to Tools-Edior Preferences
2)Click KeyStrokes tabsheet.
3)Scroll down to command ecDeleteLine-Ctrl-Y  and Click delete button.
4) Click OK.

Hopefully your problem should be fixed.

Sunish

Sunish Issac

Feb 1, 2010, 3:55:13 AM2/1/10
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Please redownload and update from the same link
 http://jaledit.googlecode.com/files/jaledit0.7.2.zip.

There bug is fixed.

Sunish

mattschinkel

Feb 1, 2010, 11:55:52 PM2/1/10
to jaledit
> If you have accidentally deleted a line using Ctrl-Y you can always undo it
> by pressing Ctrl-Z.

Yes, I can undo the deleted line, but I cannot redo what I previously
had undone because ctrl-y is an edit.

1. I write some code
2. I undo the code
3. I want to redo the code, accidently pressed ctrl-y
4. I press undo, to undo the ctrl-y deleted line
5. I press redo to try to get my code back but it deletes the line
again is step 3
7. I cannot redo my original code (I tried to redo in step 3)

undo/redo is important

Matt.

Sunish Issac

Feb 2, 2010, 9:02:24 AM2/2/10
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Matt,
I'm not interested in the procedure of undoing and redoing. I was not the person who designed synedit(the component used for implementing the editor).Maybe I can rework synedit's default behaviour.The better option seemed to me is give the user the ability to edit the keystrokes. What I would like to know is whether you could change the keystroke by using the method that I sent. Also whether there are any issues with the editor that prevents you from performing normal work like the bug of loader18 option.

There are very few universal keyboard shortcuts that works across all applications. For eg. most Microsoft developer apps use F5 for compiling, but Borland/Codegear apps use F9. I'm used to Delphi and I  have F9 in jaledit for compiling. All Borland products have Ctrl-Y for delete line. The fact is nobody yet reported redo issue,looks like its one of those uncommon keyboard shortcuts.

Sunish