Help with Faces 4 TCK/Jakarta EE 10!

Reza Rahman

Jan 26, 2022, 6:09:53 PM1/26/22
to jakarta.ee...@eclipse.org, Jakarta Ambassadors, arjan...@gmail.com
Folks,

As many of you are aware, just like Jakarta MVC, Faces is one of those
specifications that are heavily community driven these days (kudos to
Arjan). What that means in practice is that we all need to pitch in to
move it forward the best we can. At the moment, Faces really needs some
help with the TCK to move it across the finish line for Faces 4/Jakarta
EE 10.

Fortunately, this work is really not that hard. According to Arjan:

"Almost everybody with basic Faces/JSF experience should be able to
help...it's copying and then changing the JSP into a Facelet with CDI."

Please consider engaging here now:
https://github.com/jakartaee/faces/issues/1600. This is a very good
chance to step up and an easy point of entry for contributing to Jakarta
EE, especially if you happen to be a Faces fan like me. Arjan will be
happy to provide you any guidance.

Cheers,
Reza Rahman

Please note views expressed here are my own as an individual community
member and do not reflect the views of my employer.