Working on Jakarta EE Presentation

Ryan Cuprak

Feb 19, 2021, 1:37:05 AM2/19/21
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Hello Jakarta Ambassadors,

I am working on a presentation for ConFoo (confoo.ca) next week entitled “Why Jakarta EE Matters Today.”

The abstract I prepared:
"Jakarta EE is now over 20 years old and despite its age, it is as relevant today as it was back in 1999. It is one of the few open standards for developing enterprise applications with multiple independent vendor implementations. Its APIs are central to developing Java based cloud solutions. It is as relevant today as it was back in 1999. This presentation will provide context to Jakarta EE and why businesses choose to use it.”

I am looking for stories from the community on why you use Java EE/Jakarta EE. For example:
- Do you work on a well known site/app that uses it?
- Have you switched application vendors?
- How are you using your app in the cloud?
- Have you contributed or pushed for a change in a specification that you ultimately leveraged at work?
- Any statistics on cost savings etc.

Thanks,
-Ryan Cuprak

m.reza.rahman

Feb 19, 2021, 12:17:56 PM2/19/21
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors
How fresh do these need to be? I have the stories I collected in the Java EE time frame. I stopped doing that temporarily until Jakarta EE gained a bit more traction.