Help needed: Highlighting Jakarta EE technology in application development today

Tanja Obradovic

Feb 24, 2022, 12:23:00 PM2/24/22
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors

Hello Jakarta EE Ambassadors!

We are always on a look out for Jakarta EE use cases with end users - application developers. As many of you are working with customers on the regular bases helping them with developing their Java enterprise applications, can you please help us raising awareness of Jakarta EE use today?

Here is what I had in mind, can you please write an article highlighting  importance and relevance of Jakarta EE technology in today's, modern - cloud related architectures? We want to showcase how is this technology being used from the Jakarta EE Platform or Web Profile or any Individual Specification perspective.

We can also help with writing the article; we can work with you or your customer / employer to do so.

Many Thanks,

Tanja

--

Tanja Obradovic

Jakarta EE Program Manager | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Twitter: @TanjaEclipse

Edwin Derks

Feb 25, 2022, 5:16:16 AM2/25/22
to Tanja Obradovic, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Hi Tanja,

I should be able to help with this. What is the timeline?

Kind regards,

Edwin Derks

Michael Redlich

Feb 25, 2022, 6:12:27 AM2/25/22
to Tanja Obradovic, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Hi Tanja:

Dennis Gesker has written "Two Must-Have Tools for Jakarta Developers" that I just started reviewing.  It will be published on InfoQ early next month.

All the best,

Mike.

Code, TestWrite, Cycle, Run, Drink, Sleep ... Repeat
Lead Java Queue Editor, InfoQ

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler

Kito Mann

Feb 25, 2022, 6:15:46 AM2/25/22
to mi...@redlich.net, Tanja Obradovic, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Hey Mike,

What are the two tools?

Also, do you know if he's planning to write any articles derived from the book?
___

Kito D. Mann | @kito99 | Java Champion | Google Developer Expert | LinkedIn
Expert training and consulting: PrimeFaces, PrimeNG, JSF, Java EE, Web Components, Angular
Virtua, Inc. | virtua.tech

* Enterprise development, front and back. Listen to stackdpodcast.com.

hantsy bai

Feb 25, 2022, 8:02:12 AM2/25/22
to Kito Mann, mi...@redlich.net, Tanja Obradovic, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Hi all, in the past years, I have written a lot of posts for adopting Java EE.

I also prepared some template projects for starting a Jakarta EE8/9 project.

Hope this helps.

Hantsy Bai

Self-employed consultant, fullstack developer, agile coach

GitHub: https://github.com/hantsy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/@hantsy

Medium: https://medium.com/@hantsy

Tanja Obradovic

Feb 25, 2022, 9:14:19 AM2/25/22
to Edwin Derks, Jakarta EE Ambassadors

Thanks Edwin!

Let's say a couple of week to have a draft ready for a review.

Best,

Tanja

Dennis Gesker

Feb 25, 2022, 10:33:53 AM2/25/22
to Kito Mann, mi...@redlich.net, Tanja Obradovic, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Hi Kito and Mike:

The article visits upon the creation of WildFly uber jars using the wildfly-jar-maven-plugin with emphasis on the recently released wildfly-datasources-preview-galleon-pack. The article, of course, has links to the Jakarta Ambassadors website and a little encouragement for readers to check us out and join. Nothing heavy handed just that we are here and are a good community for following the happenings in the Jakarta space.

Tanja:

The article isn't finished yet and Mike is still whipping it into shape for InfoQ but perhaps (and if it is OK with Mike) I could share the draft directly with you and see if it is in line with what you are looking for?

Dennis

--
Dennis R. Gesker
 gesker_wordpress gesker_wordpressgesker_linkedin  gesker_twitter gesker_facebook gesker_protonmail gesker_gnupg gesker_email

Tanja Obradovic

Feb 25, 2022, 2:04:42 PM2/25/22
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Martijn Verburg

Hi All,

thanks for all your answers and pointers. They are every helpful!

Some of you asked for additional clarification on the motivation of this request.

I am looking for an explanation and a demonstration of relevance of Jakarta EE specifications (and implementations of the specifications) in the new cloud architectures, weather it is serverless, microservices, using Docker / Kubernetes ... real customer applications that will answer a question we often have "who uses Jakarta EE in 2022 ?!?"

Also separate topic, but related... Lead by Martijn Verburg we are on a look out for "javax -> jakarta.x namespace ecosystem progress" and have a spreadsheet tracking it

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gEv8IK2xXYJxf2i0uUCwfIBMPybF9XMOczhA--hdRaE/edit?usp=sharing

Please help populate the spreadsheet.

Hope this helps,

Tanja

Michael Redlich

Feb 25, 2022, 2:43:55 PM2/25/22
to Dennis Gesker, Tanja Obradovic, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Hey Dennis:

Sure thing!  Please share with Tanja.

Mike.

Dennis Gesker