Glassfish 6 are not supported in eclipse (Eclipse support for Glassfish 6)

FarshiD Naqizadeh

Feb 28, 2021, 1:24:22 PM2/28/21
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors

Does anyone know if there will be support for GlassFish 6 in Eclipse in nearer future (Only Glassfish 5 , 4 and 3.1 are supported in Eclipse Glassfish tools)?

Is there another way to integrate Glassfish 6 in Eclipse besides GlassFish Tools?

I use Only Eclipse and GlassFish and It's a big gap here that Glassfish tools not Integration with glassfish 6.

Link Question in stackoverflow  : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66412368/glassfish-6-are-not-supported-in-eclipse-eclipse-support-for-glassfish-6

arjan tijms

Feb 28, 2021, 1:44:40 PM2/28/21
to FarshiD Naqizadeh, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Hi,

Some time ago I forked GlassFish tools, updated it, and donated the result to Payara. After that it was developed further by myself for them, and then by themselves.

The latest version should now support GlassFish as well. My friend Gaurav is currently the main maintainer.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Reza Rahman

Feb 28, 2021, 1:49:03 PM2/28/21
to glassf...@eclipse.org, Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Gaurav Gupta

Forwarding this to the GlassFish development alias. I am not a 100% sure who maintains the Eclipse GlassFish Tools these days.

P.S.: Personally, I have switched to Payara. It seems to work fine with all the major IDEs and also supports MicroProfile well. It is a pretty easy switch.

Gaurav Gupta

Mar 1, 2021, 2:24:58 AM3/1/21
to Reza Rahman, glassfish developer discussions, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Hi,

Payara Eclipse plugin v1.3.0 also supports GlassFish 6.x.

Thanks and kind regards,
Gaurav Gupta

FarshiD Naqizadeh

Mar 1, 2021, 4:14:58 AM3/1/21
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Why Eclipse can't support the Glassfish Server by default Like wildfly , etc ?

arjan tijms

Mar 1, 2021, 5:22:11 AM3/1/21

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 10:15 AM FarshiD Naqizadeh <meh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Why Eclipse can't support the Glassfish Server by default Like wildfly , etc ?

Good question. At the time I was about to find out how exactly to do this, but then priorities shifted to other things. It would be good if Gaurav could do this now indeed.

Note that even WildFly isn't really supported by default in Eclipse. WTP contains a list of install links for most servers. I think only the Tomcat plug-in is there truly by default.

Kind regards,
Arjan

m.reza.rahman

Mar 1, 2021, 10:39:06 AM3/1/21
to FarshiD Naqizadeh, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Kindly move this discussion to the GlassFish development alias that I included earlier. That is the best place to continue this discussion and where all the GlassFish developers are.