Microsoft and Jakarta EE

Reza Rahman

Jul 15, 2022, 8:22:25 PM7/15/22
to Jakarta EE community discussions, Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Edward Burns
Hi all,

I am delighted to share that Microsoft has joined the Jakarta EE working
group as an Enterprise member! This a huge milestone for Microsoft and
the Java community.

Here is the official messaging from my divisional president Julia
Liuson:
https://azure.microsoft.com/blog/microsoft-joins-jakarta-ee-and-microprofile-working-groups-at-eclipse-foundation.
Here is the corresponding official tweet from Microsoft:
https://twitter.com/msdev/status/1547732689695846408. Please consider
helping spread word?

Our initial participation is likely to be modest. As Julia has said, we
will continue working with our long standing business partners, share
insights based on our Azure customer engagements and contribute where we
can - probably starting with Jakarta Security. We are doing the same for
MicroProfile as a Corporate member.

Here is to moving Jakarta EE forward!

Reza Rahman
Principal Program Manager
Java on Azure at Microsoft
reza....@microsoft.com
+1 717 329 8149

Kito D. Mann

Jul 16, 2022, 9:01:42 PM7/16/22
to Reza Rahman, Jakarta EE community discussions, Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Edward Burns
Wonderful news, Reza! We are thrilled to have Microsoft join the community. Not only is it good to have another corporate member on board, and to have other contributions to the specs and the success of Jakarta EE, but it's also good business sense for Microsoft. I've already noticed a several official guides about using Azure with MicroProfile and Jakarta EE. 🙂.
___

Kito D. Mann | @kito99 | Java Champion | Google Developer Expert | LinkedIn
Expert training and consulting: PrimeFaces, PrimeNG, JSF, Java EE, Web Components, Angular
Virtua, Inc. | virtua.tech

* Enterprise development, front and back. Listen to stackdpodcast.com.

Martijn Verburg

Jul 17, 2022, 10:20:34 AM7/17/22
to Kito D. Mann, Reza Rahman, Jakarta EE community discussions, Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Edward Burns
With my LJC hat firmly on, it's great to see a major public cloud provider take this step!

Cheers,
Martijn

Tanja Obradovic

Jul 20, 2022, 5:01:53 AM7/20/22
to Jakarta EE community discussions, Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Jakarta EE Working Group, Jakarta EE China Community discussions, Edward Burns, Reza Rahman

Thanks Reza for sharing Julia Liuson announcement with us! It is great to see interest and enthusiasm of Microsoft.

I am adding Jakarta EE Working Group mailing list as well as Chinese community mailing list, for awareness and further sharing the news.

Best Regards,

Tanja

--

Tanja Obradovic

Jakarta EE Program Manager | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Twitter: @TanjaEclipse