Cargo Tracker - Last Jakarta EE 8 Release

Reza Rahman

Nov 20, 2021, 7:37:51 PM11/20/21
to Jakarta EE, Jakarta Ambassadors, cargotra...@eclipse.org
Folks,

I am very pleased to share we have a second minor release of Cargo
Tracker targeting Jakarta EE 8:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/cargotracker/releases/tag/v2.1. This
will very likely be our last release targeting Jakarta EE 8 and we will
be moving into Jakarta EE 9 shortly.

The release primarily contains some long-pending cleanup items,
significant documentation improvements and the inclusion of a cloud demo
of the application: https://cargo-tracker.j.scaleforce.net. The cloud
demo uses Kubernetes and GitHub Actions. We have our good friends at
Jelastic to thank for helping us find a permanent cloud host.

As always, your feedback, support and contribution is most welcome. We
have already started the Jakarta EE 9 migration. Other than this, there
are a number of items you could help us make progress on:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/cargotracker/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22help+wanted%22.

Reza Rahman

Please note views expressed here are my own as an individual community
member and do not reflect the views of my employer.