Help us trial our new serverless PaaS for Jakarta EE

jadon....@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2022, 6:09:13 AM8/16/22
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Hi all,

We are hoping you might be interested in helping us trial a new novel approach to running Jakarta EE in the cloud. We are offering a free trial (no selling or trying to tie anyone into a subscription of any type) in exchange for some feedback.

We have been fortunate enough to already have some prominent community members join the trial:

Adam Bien said: "If you compare Payara Cloud to a blank, “vanilla” cloud, it is hugely productive. I created CI/CD pipelines and the build alone in two and half minutes."

Ivar Grimstad: "Payara Cloud truly fits with the Simplified theme of Jakarta EE 10"

David Heffelfinger:  "I deployed a simple WAR file using MicroProfile API's and Payara Cloud and it worked like a charm."

But we are eager for more feedback from the community!

The idea behind Payara Cloud is that it will automate cloud infrastructure management ( provisions the application on the Azure platform), handle provisioning the Jakarta EE runtime, TLS and SSL certificates, the Pod, setting up your containers, and eliminate the pain of making it all work with Kubernetes…

In essence we’re trying to create an easier way to run your apps on the cloud.  Payara Cloud is a “serverless” runtime that runs and scales Jakarta EE/MicroProfile applications seamlessly. Unlike building an application server deployment on a Cloud Infrastructure as a Service or on raw Kubernetes, Payara Cloud takes care of provisioning infrastructure, installation, configuration, deployment and scaling of your application.

cloud1.PNG
If you want to find out more. You can visit the website and sign up here.