Planning for Jakarta EE 11 Evangelization: Monthly Meeting Scheduling

Ryan Cuprak

Apr 9, 2024, 9:24:08 AMApr 9
to 'Ryan Cuprak' via Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Dear Jakarta EE Ambassadors,

As we gear up for the release of Jakarta EE 11 in the upcoming months, it's crucial to begin strategizing our efforts to evangelize its features and benefits. Last week, Reza circulated a presentation on Jakarta EE 11, providing us with valuable insights into its advancements.

To kickstart our evangelization initiative, we're reinstating our monthly meetings. Your input on scheduling these meetings is essential. Could you kindly indicate your preferred time from the options provided below:

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/bWj6nzEa

Your participation and input are highly valued as we collectively prepare to promote Jakarta EE 11 to our community and beyond.

Best regards,
Ryan Cuprak

Ondro Mihályi

Apr 15, 2024, 7:47:13 AMApr 15
to Ryan Cuprak, 'Ryan Cuprak' via Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Hi Ryan,

Thank you for organizing this, I'm happy to join EE 11 evangelization activities.

I have a few ideas:
  • Would be good to document all the changes in EE 11 (not only specs that changed, but actual features). It's often hard to find info on all the new things in EE. This could help us all to know what we can promote and write/talk about. Reza already created Jakarta EE 11 slides, so maybe it's enough to update them. I was also thinking about a Google doc with more detailed info and links to other resources with more details
  • As some of us go to conferences, either as speakers or attendees, sometimes there are opportunities to join Jakarta EE or Eclipse MicroProfile booth and help promote Jakarta EE there. Some vendors might also welcome somebody to join their booth and allow promoting Jakarta EE. For example, my company OmniFish will have a booth at Jax Mainz, we'd welcome any EE Ambassador to join us there. At some conferences, Jakarta EE gets a free booth space as a community project, and they welcome help at the booth too. At some conferences, we might get a free space for Jakarta EE evangelisation activities (maybe a booth, a space for Q/A or panel discussions, a space to make code demos on a bigger screen, etc.). If it's interesting, I can organize some of these activities, or connect with Jakarta EE marketing team to organize them with us.
All the best,
Ondro

Kito Mann

Apr 15, 2024, 9:41:34 AMApr 15
to 'Ryan Cuprak' via Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Ryan Cuprak
Glad to hear it, Ryan. I'll be there.

___

Kito D. Mann | @kito99 | @kit...@mastodon.social LinkedIn
Java Champion | Google Developer Expert Alumni
Expert consulting and training: Cloud architecture and modernization, Java/Jakarta EE, Web Components, Angular, Mobile Web
Virtua, Inc. | virtua.tech
+1 203-998-0403

* Enterprise development, front and back. Listen to Stackd Podcast.
* Speak at conferences? Check out SpeakerTrax.

Kito Mann