Jakarta EE Starter Usage Data

Reza Rahman

May 12, 2024, 10:32:44 PMMay 12
to starter developer discussions, Jakarta EE community discussions, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Hi folks,

Attached is the usage metrics for the official Jakarta EE Starter and
graphs for each metric. Since we launched some time last year, we have
had 3.5K+ projects generated. While this is not stellar, it's OK.

Most folks are using Jakarta EE 10, Java SE 17 and the full platform.
There is still some usage of Jakarta EE 8 and Java SE 8. Core Profile
usage is pretty light. Docker usage is OK. Decent usage for the Web
Profile. The most popular runtime choices in order are: none (probably a
bunch of people just going with the default choice), WildFly, GlassFish,
Payara, Open Liberty, TomEE.

Thanks,

Reza
starter_usage_052024.xlsx
docker.png
jakarta_ee.png
java_se.png
profile.png
runtime.png

Jeyvison Nascimento

May 13, 2024, 8:15:35 AMMay 13
to starter developer discussions, Reza Rahman, Jakarta EE community discussions, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
This is awesome. Thanks for the data, Reza.

I think in the future when we are able to provide usage examples and not just the project bootstrap we may attract more downloads/usage but these numbers make me happy already :)

Jeyvison Nascimento

Willem McDonald

May 13, 2024, 9:15:37 AMMay 13
to Jakarta EE community discussions, starter developer discussions, Jeyvison Nascimento, Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Jakarta EE community discussions

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to assist in creating some technical articles for usage examples of the Jakarta EE starter and generated projects. If we get the SOE right, it could drive more traffic to the starter.

Please feel free to reach out!. :)

Kind regards,

Willem McDonald

Jeyvison Nascimento

May 13, 2024, 9:31:24 AMMay 13
to Willem McDonald, Jakarta EE community discussions, starter developer discussions, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Thanks, Willem!

We are finishing some UI revamp work but as soon as this is done we will move to other features and we will definitely count on your help :)
--
Jeyvison Nascimento
Message has been deleted