Data lost after a server restart

1 view

MateComp

Sep 9, 2009, 3:35:01 PM9/9/09
to jaikuengine-discuss
Hi,

The first time we started JaikuEngine locally we added about 3 users
in order to test the microblogging service and made comments among all
of them. However, when we restarted the server all this data got lost
and we couldn't recover it...

We want to know where is the data stored when users make comments,
join the server, upload a picture, join a channel, etc...

Is there any way to store this data locally???

Thanks...

Andy Smith

Sep 9, 2009, 3:47:20 PM9/9/09
to jaikuengi...@googlegroups.com
the "testserver" command uses a temporary database, you'll probably want to use "runserver" instead.

MateComp

Sep 9, 2009, 5:01:40 PM9/9/09
to jaikuengine-discuss
Hi,

On Sep 9, 2:47 pm, Andy Smith <andys...@gmail.com> wrote:
> the "testserver" command uses a temporary database, you'll probably want to
> use "runserver" instead.

Now we run:

{{{
python2.5 manage.py runserver common/fixtures/*.json
}}}

and we get:

{{{
INFO:root:Beginning bootstrap...
INFO:root:Finishing bootstrap.
INFO:root:Monkey patching dev_appserver...
INFO:root:zipimporter('simplejson.zip', 'simplejson/')
WARNING:root:Could not read datastore data from /tmp/
django_jaikuengine.datastore
WARNING:root:Could not read datastore data from /tmp/
django_jaikuengine.datastore.history
INFO:root:zipimporter('/home/offray/Programas/JaikuEngine/Jaikuengine/
django.zip', 'django/core/serializers/')
INFO:root:Trying to load components in ['.svn', 'dummy_xmpp_service',
'tests.py', 'dummy_analytics', 'models.py', 'xmpp_service',
'dummy_sms_service', '__init__.pyc', 'dummy_legal', 'models.pyc',
'__init__.py']...
INFO:root:zipimporter('cleanliness.zip', 'cleanliness/')
Error: 'common/fixtures/activations.json' is not a valid port number.
}}}

These are the contents of activations.json (there is not any reference
to a port number):

{{{
[{"pk": "activation/her...@example.com/email/her...@example.com",
"model": "common.Activation",
"fields": {"actor": "her...@example.com",
"content": "her...@example.com",
"type": "email",
"code": "TESTCODE"
}
}
]

}}}

How this "activation" is working is related in someway with OAuth?

Thanks :)

MateComp

Sep 9, 2009, 6:21:38 PM9/9/09
to jaikuengine-discuss
Hi all,

Solved! It was jus matter or running in this way:

{{{
python2.5 manage.py runserver 8080
}}}

Thanks :)