Need help Deploying Jaikuengine

Abuzar -

Aug 1, 2010, 4:03:12 PM8/1/10
to jaikuengine-discuss

THe instruction to get Jaikuengine running on appengine say that you
have to do this

4. Set up some basic config stuff using the helper tool:

``python manage.py config --write-to-file

How would i do this can anyone help me , im new to python and i dont
quite undertsand

and this is my settings.py

# Copyright 2009 Google Inc.

# Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
# you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
# You may obtain a copy of the License at
#
# http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
#
# Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
# distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
# WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
implied.
# See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
# limitations under the License.

import re
import os
import os.path

###
# Django related settings
###

DEBUG = True
TEMPLATE_DEBUG = DEBUG

ADMINS = (
# ('Your Name', 'your_...@domain.com'),
)

MANAGERS = ADMINS

# This stuff is always going to be the same for an App Engine instance
DATABASE_ENGINE = 'appengine' # 'appengine' is the only supported
engine
DATABASE_NAME = '' # Not used with appengine
DATABASE_USER = '' # Not used with appengine
DATABASE_PASSWORD = '' # Not used with appengine
DATABASE_HOST = '' # Not used with appengine
DATABASE_PORT = '' # Not used with appengine

# The appengine_django code doesn't care about the address of
memcached
# because it is a built in API for App Engine
CACHE_BACKEND = 'memcached://'

# Local time zone for this installation. Choices can be found here:
# http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_zones_by_name
# although not all choices may be available on all operating systems.
# If running in a Windows environment this must be set to the same as
your
# system time zone.
TIME_ZONE = 'UTC'

# Language code for this installation. All choices can be found here:
# http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/language-identifiers.html
LANGUAGE_CODE = 'en-us'

# If you set this to False, Django will make some optimizations so as
not
# to load the internationalization machinery.
USE_I18N = True

# Make this unique, and don't share it with anybody.
SECRET_KEY = 'I AM SO SECRET'

# List of callables that know how to import templates from various
sources.
TEMPLATE_LOADERS = (
'django.template.loaders.filesystem.load_template_source',
'django.template.loaders.app_directories.load_template_source',
# 'django.template.loaders.eggs.load_template_source',
)

MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (
'middleware.domain.DomainMiddleware',
'middleware.auth.AuthenticationMiddleware',
'middleware.exception.ExceptionMiddleware',
'middleware.cache.CacheMiddleware',
'middleware.strip_whitespace.WhitespaceMiddleware',
'middleware.profile.ProfileMiddleware',
)

ROOT_URLCONF = 'urls'

# Where the templates live, you probably don't want to change this
unless you
# know what you're doing
TEMPLATE_DIRS = (
os.path.dirname(__file__),
)

TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS = (
'django.core.context_processors.debug',
'django.core.context_processors.request',
'common.context_processors.settings',
'common.context_processors.flash',
'common.context_processors.components',
)

# Only apps under INSTALLED_APPS will be automatically tested via
# `python manage.py test` and the profiling code takes this list into
# account while filtering calls
INSTALLED_APPS = (
'appengine_django',
'common',
'actor',
'api',
'channel',
'explore',
'join',
'flat',
'login',
'front',
'invite',
'install',
'confirm',
'components',
)

# We override the default test runner so that we can be Totally
Awesome
TEST_RUNNER = 'common.test.runner.run_tests'

####
#
# Below this is custom for Jaiku Engine (not related to Django)
#
####

# This is a dynamic setting so that we can check whether we have been
run
# locally, it is used mainly for making special testing-only tweaks.
Ideally
# we wouldn't need this, but the alternatives so far have been tricky.
MANAGE_PY = os.path.exists('manage.py')

# This is the name of the site that will be used whenever it refers to
itself
SITE_NAME = 'myjaiku'
SUPPORT_CHANNEL = 'support'

# This is the colloquial name for an entry, mostly used for branding
purposes
POST_NAME = 'Post'

# This is the name of the root user of the site
ROOT_NICK = 'abuzar'

# This is the domain where this is installed on App Engine. It will be
# necessary to know this if you plan on enabling SSL for login and
join.
GAE_DOMAIN = 'myjaiku.appspot.com'

# Enabling this means we expect to be spending most of our time on a
# Hosted domain
HOSTED_DOMAIN_ENABLED = True

# This is the domain you intend to serve your site from, when using
hosted
# domains. If SSL is enabled for login and join those requests will
still
# go to the GAE_DOMAIN above.
HOSTED_DOMAIN = 'appspot.com'

# App Engine requires you to serve with a subdomain
DEFAULT_HOSTED_SUBDOMAIN = 'myjaiku'

NS_DOMAIN = 'myjaiku.appspot.com'

# DOMAIN will be used wherever a url to this site needs to be created
# NS_DOMAIN will be used as the domain part of actor identifiers.
# Note that changing this once you have deployed the site will likely
result
# in catastrophic failure.
if HOSTED_DOMAIN_ENABLED:
DOMAIN = '%s.%s' % (DEFAULT_HOSTED_SUBDOMAIN, HOSTED_DOMAIN)
else:
DOMAIN = GAE_DOMAIN

# Subdomains aren't supported all that nicely by App Engine yet, so
you
# probably won't be able to enable WILDCARD_SUBDOMAINS below, but you
can
# still set up your app to use some of the static subdomains below.
# Subdomains are ignored unless HOSTED_DOMAIN_ENABLED is True.
SUBDOMAINS_ENABLED = False
WILDCARD_USER_SUBDOMAINS_ENABLED = False

# These are defined as { subdomain : url_conf, ...}
INSTALLED_SUBDOMAINS = {
'api': 'api.urls', # api-only urlconf
'm': 'urls', # default urlconf, but allow the subdomain
}

# Enable SSL support for login and join, if using
HOSTED_DOMAIN_ENABLED
# this means you will be redirecting through https://GAE_DOMAIN/login
# and https://GAE_DOMAIN/join for those respective actions.
SSL_LOGIN_ENABLED = False

#
# Appearance / Theme
#

# The default theme to use
DEFAULT_THEME = 'trotz'

#
# Cookie
#

# Cookie settings, pretty self explanatory, you shouldn't need to
touch these.
USER_COOKIE = 'user'
PASSWORD_COOKIE = 'password'
COOKIE_DOMAIN = '.%s' % DOMAIN
COOKIE_PATH = '/'

#
# Blog
#

# Do you want /blog to redirect to your blog?
BLOG_ENABLED = False

# Where is your blog?
BLOG_URL = 'http://example.com'
BLOG_FEED_URL = 'http://example.com/feeds'

#
# API
#

# Setting this to True will make the public API accept all requests as
being
# from ROOT with no regard to actual authentication.
# Never this set to True on a production site.
API_DISABLE_VERIFICATION = False

# These next three determine which OAuth Signature Methods to allow.
API_ALLOW_RSA_SHA1 = True
API_ALLOW_HMAC_SHA1 = True
API_ALLOW_PLAINTEXT = False

# These three determine whether the ROOT use should be allowed to use
these
# methods, if any at all. Setting all of these to False will disable
the
# ROOT user from accessing the public API
API_ALLOW_ROOT_RSA_SHA1 = True
API_ALLOW_ROOT_HMAC_SHA1 = True
API_ALLOW_ROOT_PLAINTEXT = False

# OAuth consumer key and secret values
ROOT_TOKEN_KEY = 'ROOT_TOKEN_KEY'
ROOT_TOKEN_SECRET = 'ROOT_TOKEN_SECRET'
ROOT_CONSUMER_KEY = 'ROOT_CONSUMER_KEY'
ROOT_CONSUMER_SECRET = 'ROOT_CONSUMER_SECRET'

# Allow support for legacy API authentication
API_ALLOW_LEGACY_AUTH = False
LEGACY_SECRET_KEY = 'I AM ALSO SECRET'

#
# SMS
#

# Enabling SMS will require a bit more than just making this True,
please
# read the docs at http://code.google.com/p/jaikuengine/wiki/sms_support
SMS_ENABLED = False

# Most SMS vendors will provide a service that will post messages to a
url
# on your site when an SMS has been received on their end, this
setting allows
# you to add a secret value to that must exist in that url to prevent
# malicious use.
SMS_VENDOR_SECRET = 'SMS_VENDOR'

# Valid numbers on which you expect to receive SMS
SMS_TARGET = '00000'

# Whitelist regular expression for allowable mobile-terminated targets
SMS_MT_WHITELIST = re.compile('\+\d+')

# Blacklist regular expression for blocked mobile-terminated targets
SMS_MT_BLACKLIST = None

# Turn on test mode for SMS
SMS_TEST_ONLY = False

# Numbers to use when testing live SMS so you don't spam all your
users
SMS_TEST_NUMBERS = []

#
# XMPP / IM
#

# Enabling IM will require a bit more than just making this True,
please
# read the docs at http://code.google.com/p/jaikuengine/wiki/im_support
IM_ENABLED = False

# This is the id (JID) of the IM bot that you will use to communicate
with
# users of the IM interface
IM_BOT = 'ro...@example.com'

# Turn on test mode for IM
IM_TEST_ONLY = False

# JIDs to allow when testing live XMPP so you don't spam all your
users
IM_TEST_JIDS = []

# Enable to send plain text messages only. Default is to send both
plain
# text and html.
IM_PLAIN_TEXT_ONLY = False

# Truncate entry title in comments. None or 140+ means no truncation.
IM_MAX_LENGTH_OF_ENTRY_TITLES_FOR_COMMENTS = 40

#
# Task Queue
#

# Enabling the queue will allow you to process posts with larger
numbers
# of followers but will require you to set up a cron job that will
continuously
# ping a special url to make sure the queue gets processed
QUEUE_ENABLED = True

# The secret to use for your cron job that processes your queue
QUEUE_VENDOR_SECRET = 'SECRET'

#
# Throttling Config
#

# This will control the max number of SMS to send over a 30-day period
THROTTLE_SMS_GLOBAL_MONTH = 10000

# Settings for remote services
IMAGE_UPLOAD_ENABLED = False
IMAGE_UPLOAD_URL = 'upload.example.com'

# Settings for Google Contacts import
GOOGLE_CONTACTS_IMPORT_ENABLED = False

FEEDS_ENABLED = False
MARK_AS_SPAM_ENABLED = True
PRESS_ENABLED = False
BADGES_ENABLED = True
HIDE_COMMENTS_ENABLED = True
MULTIADMIN_ENABLED = False
PRIVATE_CHANNELS_ENABLED = False
MARKDOWN_ENABLED = False
# Lists nicks of users participating in conversations underneath
comment
# areas for posts. Clicking list items inserts @nicks into comment
box.
# The list shows a maximum of 25 nicks.
COMMENT_QUICKLINKS_ENABLED = True
# If enabled, adds support for using access keys 1-9 to insert @nicks
into
# comment box. Requires COMMENT_QUICKLINKS_ENABLED.
COMMENT_QUICKLINKS_ACCESSKEYS_ENABLED = False

PROFILE_DB = False

# Limit of avatar photo size in kilobytes
MAX_AVATAR_PHOTO_KB = 200

MAX_ACTIVATIONS = 10

# Email Test mode
EMAIL_TEST_ONLY = False

# Allowed email addresses for testing
EMAIL_TEST_ADDRESSES = []

# Email limiting, if this is set it will restrict users to those with
# email addresses in this domain
EMAIL_LIMIT_DOMAIN = None

# Things to measure to taste
MAX_COMMENT_LENGTH = 2000

# Gdata Stuff
GDATA_CONSUMER_KEY = ''
GDATA_CONSUMER_SECRET = ''

def default_email_sender():
try:
return os.environ['DJANGO_DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL']
except KeyError:
return 'ter...@google.com'

DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL = default_email_sender()
DEFAULT_UNITTEST_TO_EMAIL = 'unit...@example.com'

PROFILING_DATA_PATH = 'profiling/prof_db.csv'

# Set up the settings for the dev server if we are running it
if MANAGE_PY:
try:
from dev_settings import *
except ImportError:
pass

# Allow local overrides, useful for testing during development
try:
from local_settings import *
except ImportError:
pass

Adewale Oshineye

Aug 2, 2010, 5:52:33 AM8/2/10
to jaikuengi...@googlegroups.com
> --

I'm not quite sure what you mean.
Have you tried typing the following:
python manage.py config --write-to-file

into a command line?

Abuzar -

Aug 2, 2010, 6:22:39 PM8/2/10
to jaikuengine-discuss

> I'm not quite sure what you mean.
> Have you tried typing the following:
> python manage.py config --write-to-file
>
> into a command line?

What im wondering is can you give me a link to the or email me config
file and or how to make it. I tried but i dont undertsand how to do
this in command line

Adewale Oshineye

Aug 6, 2010, 10:46:44 AM8/6/10
to jaikuengi...@googlegroups.com
What should happen is that when you run that command line script it
will ask you a set of questions and generate the config file for you.
I could send you an example config file but you would still have to
tweak it by hand for it to work in your environment.

Abuzar -

Aug 6, 2010, 12:23:20 PM8/6/10
to jaikuengi...@googlegroups.com
What should happen is that when you run that command line script it
will ask you a set of questions and generate the config file for you.
I could send you an example config file but you would still have to
tweak it by hand for it to work in your environment.
Yes i would really appreciate it if u could send me the config file that u are using for openku