Running JaikuEngine on GAE

perico

Sep 24, 2009, 3:51:48 PM9/24/09
to jaikuengine-discuss
Hi all,

As I see in this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/jaikuengine-discuss/browse_thread/thread/ed8a43fce0cba841

Is not possible for now to run JaikuEngine in other place different
from Google App Engine (I imagine that before the googles buy of Jaiku
it was running on a different database, but now you can _only_ run it
on GAE, i.e. you have not more options but _only_ one). Anyway I'm
trying to run it and I'm a newbie on GAE, so I don't know how to make
the data on JaikuEngine persistent on GAE. This link:

http://thomas.broxrost.com/2008/04/08/django-on-google-app-engine/

is just matter of running something similar to:

appcfg.py update appname

but there is not any appcfg.py in the JaikuEngine.

Any pointer to the solution will be appreciated.

Cheers

Tony Tseng

Sep 26, 2009, 6:32:30 PM9/26/09
to jaikuengi...@googlegroups.com
It should be in .google_appengine/google/appengine/tools inside
jaikuengine's base dir.

david78

Oct 27, 2009, 6:55:00 AM10/27/09
to jaikuengine-discuss
Hi,

You can deploy jaikuengine on your own server w/ TyphoonAE:
http://code.google.com/p/typhoonae/

TyphoonAE aims at providing a full-featured and productive serving
environment to run Google App Engine (Python) applications. It
delivers the parts for building your own scalable App Engine while
staying compatible with Google's API.

You'll find a tutorial on how to deploy an app on TAE here:
http://sites.google.com/site/gaeasaframework/typhoonae#TOC-Installing-Django-1.1

Cheers.