Featured Members and Channels

Apr 6, 2009, 2:16:13 AM4/6/09
to jaikuengine-discuss
Hi there, both (i mean the new one at
http://groups.google.com/group/jaikuengine-discuss/browse_thread/thread/ac53124129f35ff2
(thanks Andy) and the one before without the make stuff) install ways
worked just fine at my mac system (leopard). I am just a bit wondering
why there is no featured member or channel (both exist) showing up on
the front page. Do I have to do something to get this? And one more
thing is, has the root user some super power like deleting messages or
channels from other users. Just in case someone gets fun in spamming
the installation and doing nonsense.

Thanks for the really cool workaround to get rid of the make command
to get jaikuengine running. Its fun working with the system and its in
many parts nice to understand. At least in translating it. lol

Andy Smith

Apr 8, 2009, 5:35:18 PM4/8/09
to jaikuengi...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 11:16 PM, R <roma...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi there, both (i mean the new one at
http://groups.google.com/group/jaikuengine-discuss/browse_thread/thread/ac53124129f35ff2
(thanks Andy) and the one before without the make stuff) install ways
worked just fine at my mac system (leopard). I am just a bit wondering
why there is no featured member or channel (both exist) showing up on
the front page. Do I have to do something to get this?

Yeah, I guess that isn't documented.

The featured members and channels are actually just the contacts of the root user and the channels the root user is part of.

And one more
thing is, has the root user some super power like deleting messages or
channels from other users. Just in case someone gets fun in spamming
the installation and doing nonsense.

Not at the moment, though most of that is easy to add, just need to find the places that check whether to show the delete links in the templates, most of that is done in common/templatetags/entry.py

--andy

Apr 9, 2009, 4:30:08 PM4/9/09
to jaikuengine-discuss
Thanks Andy,

Ill give this a try and will post the results here again!

On Apr 8, 11:35 pm, Andy Smith <andys...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 11:16 PM, R <roman9...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi there, both (i mean the new one at
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/jaikuengine-discuss/browse_thread/thre...

Apr 14, 2009, 3:15:04 AM4/14/09
to jaikuengine-discuss
Hi Andy, thanks for the help here in the group. I tried it a few times
with your description but is it really the root user whos channels and
contacts are shown on the front page? I got a few contacts with the
root user and also channels he belongs to and owns. I also tried to
reinstall the root user with /install but it says "root user already
exists" so that should be fine. I had a look on other jaikuengine
installs here in the discussion and there has never been a featured
channel or member on the front page. cheers!

On Apr 8, 11:35 pm, Andy Smith <andys...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 11:16 PM, R <roman9...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi there, both (i mean the new one at
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/jaikuengine-discuss/browse_thread/thre...

Andy Smith

Apr 14, 2009, 1:01:43 PM4/14/09
On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 12:15 AM, R <roma...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi Andy, thanks for the help here in the group. I tried it a few times
with your description but is it really the root user whos channels and
contacts are shown on the front page? I got a few contacts with the
root user and also channels he belongs to and owns. I also tried to
reinstall the root user with /install but it says "root user already
exists" so that should be fine. I had a look on other jaikuengine
installs here in the discussion and there has never been a featured
channel or member on the front page. cheers!

The code is here: http://code.google.com/p/jaikuengine/source/browse/trunk/front/views.py#66

featured_channels = channels where root user is a member
featured_memebrs = contacts of root user

bbddb4

Nov 16, 2009, 11:36:36 PM11/16/09
to Andy Smith, jaikuengi...@googlegroups.com
This is an issue, did anyone get that going?