Jaiku as a quiz app

saurabh

Apr 8, 2010, 5:26:37 AM4/8/10
to jaikuengine-discuss
Hi All,

I want to run JAIKU ( on GAE my installation ) as a quiz app in which
I will open a channel for a certain timeframe and ask some questions
on it and then close the channel.

I want that channel ( page ) can be updated constantly ie there are
ard 100 users on that channel and 1 users asks a question , that
question should pop up on the screen of other 99 and they can answer
it ( like a chatroom ).

It is possible to do that via jaiku.

Thanks
Saurabh

Adewale Oshineye

Apr 9, 2010, 5:51:59 AM4/9/10
to jaikuengi...@googlegroups.com
If you set up your own instance of JaikuEngine and enable XMPP support
then the users can use chat clients and treat it exactly like a chat
room. We don't currently have any functionality for closing a channel
except deleting it. However you're welcome to add the code to do this.