Evidence

Deborah Sumner

Sep 14, 2015, 11:32:09 AM9/14/15
to Jaffrey Voices

From the Supreme Court brief, see posting above p. 22: The Defense claimed “should this matter survive the forthcoming summary judgement and proceed to trial, the Secretary of State will provide evidence as to how a ballot can be easily traced to a specific voter that cast it.” Id. at 129.

            Defense’s “evidence” given through discovery, see Appendix A. Id. at 169.

Appendix A is attached.

The judge would not allow me to review the ballots that would likely show no Jaffrey ballot is traceable to a voter and did not respond to my request that he review them to determine, using objective criteria, if there was a legitimate privacy reason to exempt all ballots from public review.

The Court said, "the State's interest in ensuring voter privacy far outweighs any benefits that could be obtained from the public accessing private ballots."

See also, this post from the New England First Amendment Coalition:

http://nefirstamendment.org/in-new-hampshire-are-unfounded-privacy-concerns-preventing-access-to-voter-ballots/comment-page-1/#comment-313876

Evidence:traceable ballot.pdf