Error importing org.usb4java after fresh git clone

Antonio Ríos

Jan 27, 2021, 10:50:31 AM1/27/21
to jaer-users
Hi everyone,

After a fresh jaer git clone, I have imported the project into eclipse, following the user guide:

Then I checked that everything were fine, but I have the following error:
The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for org.usb4java.DeviceHandle. Fix the build path then try building this project

I'm under ubuntu 16.04 and eclipse. I don't know how I can fix this error. It seems the libraries are ok, but no idea why org.usb4java cannot be imported in several files.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Antonio

Antonio Ríos

Feb 1, 2021, 2:27:59 AM2/1/21
to jaer-users
Anyone is working with jAER under ubuntu??

Tobi Delbruck (UZH-ETH)

Feb 1, 2021, 3:55:31 AM2/1/21
to jaer-...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure that eclipse is working anymore with current build system
for jAER that heavily relies on ivy to download required packages via
maven central. None of this stuff has been updated for the eclipse build
setup.

I recommend using netbeans 8.2 with java 1.8.x.