Problems with DVS128 firmware v14

Arek Piekarz

Nov 5, 2019, 3:29:24 PM11/5/19
to jaer-users
Hello,

I have had some problems flashing DVS128 camera, but finally I have managed to complete the process. After successfully flashing firmware version 14 to the DVS128, my laptop (Lenovo G510) with Windows 10 has stopped recognizing the device (the same problem occurs on Windows 7). Also jAER on Windows does not see it (I haven't tried it on Linux/Ubuntu).
I have tried to reinstall drivers again with Zadig tool, but it did not work. At the attached screenshot you can see how is the device displayed (english translation: "unknown usb device (device enumeration failed)"). It is listed with the same description in device manager.

Interestingly, the device works correctly on Ubuntu 18.04 with libcaer and DV software.

Do you have some ideas how to solve it?
Or is there any possibility to install older firmware (e.g. v9 which have worked before on my Windows laptop)?

I need to be able to run this camera with jAER on Windows, as it is used in other projects on my University.

Thank you in advance for your help.

BR,
Arek
zadig_error.PNG

Luca Longinotti

Dec 2, 2019, 5:17:56 AM12/2/19
to thepi...@gmail.com, jaer-...@googlegroups.com
We've tried this on Windows 10 and couldn't reproduce this problem.
Your ZADIG shows a USB ID of 0000:0000 which should not be possible
unless something is completely broken, but then it wouldn't ever work
on Linux either. Both jAER and DV need the latest DVS128 firmware,
which was released like 5-6 years ago and has been widely tested.
Maybe there is a hardware problem, please get in contact with
sup...@inivation.com to discuss sending it to us for testing and
eventual replacement options, though we do not have DVS128s available
anymore.