How to send Jacoco coverage file to different destination without stopping JVM ?

SUBHADEEP SEN

Nov 23, 2023, 7:26:15 AM11/23/23
to JaCoCo and EclEmma Users
Jacoco provides different options to retrieve the coverage file (exec).
file -> file is generated once JVM is stopped
tcp/socket -> sends the data to a remote server

My Requirement:
I would like to generate the coverage of running AWS lambda (serverless) function and send it to s3 bucket or any other object storage. I could not find any option to achieve this. Highly appreciate if anyone can help or guide me.

Is there any option where I can override the dumping behavior ?

Marc Hoffmann

Nov 28, 2023, 5:41:55 AM11/28/23
to JaCoCo and EclEmma Users

SUBHADEEP SEN

Nov 29, 2023, 2:12:59 AM11/29/23
to JaCoCo and EclEmma Users
Thank you so much Marc for looking into my query. I really appreciate your time and the suggestion.
I'm able to  programmatically access the execution data using jacoco runtime interface and send it to S3 bucket. :-)

Thanks,
Subhadeep Sen

Marc Hoffmann

Nov 29, 2023, 10:55:21 AM11/29/23
to JaCoCo and EclEmma Users
Good to hear! Thanks for the feedback.

I’m curious why you want to use AWS lambda to collect coverage. Can you share a bit about your use case?

Regards,
-marc