When was EclEmma fully integrated into Eclipse, instead of requiring a plugin?

David Karr

Oct 15, 2021, 12:43:47 PM10/15/21
to JaCoCo and EclEmma Users
The subject is the question.  It used to be an optional plugin, and now it is included by default.  I see it is still technically a plugin, but I'm guessing it's automatically part of the "Java" distribution.  Can someone clarify that, and about when this behavior would have changed?

Marc Hoffmann

Oct 17, 2021, 12:45:24 PM10/17/21
to JaCoCo and EclEmma Users
Hallo David,

the EclEmma project was moved to the Eclipse Foundation in 2017. The 3.x releases are published with the org.eclipse namespace.

Since Eclipse Oxygen EclEmma is part of the “Eclipse IDE for Java Developers” distribution.

And yes, literally everything in the Eclipse IDE is technically a plugin.

Cheers,
-marc