Getting "No coverage data has been collected" with junit, easymock, commons-logging

dig090

Jan 3, 2021, 3:34:40 PM1/3/21
to JaCoCo and EclEmma Users
I've stumbled a weird interaction between junit, easymock, commons-logging, and eclemma/jacoco.  I wrote up this stackoverflow post:

I've also posted this eclemma-failure minimal reproducible example: https://github.com/j256/eclemma-failure

Anyone seen this before?  I've done a lot of googling without many hits.  All of the other "no coverage" data type answers don't seem to apply to this very repeatable example.

Thanks much for eclemma/jacoco.  Such awesome tools.
gray

Evgeny Mandrikov

Jan 3, 2021, 3:50:42 PM1/3/21
to jac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Sun 3 Jan 2021 at 21:34, dig090 <256...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've stumbled a weird interaction between junit, easymock, commons-logging, and eclemma/jacoco.  I wrote up this stackoverflow post:

This post states

coverage report before upgrading to Junit 4.13.1 showing 80% coverage and here it is afterwards with no coverage information available showing 0%

which means that your problem is caused by JUnit.

Sp I have feeling that you're probably affected by the following JUnit issue - https://github.com/junit-team/junit4/issues/1652

Regards,
Evgeny