How to run Build 0.8.7.202012180133 using gradle?

Oliver Kopp

Dec 21, 2020, 1:42:39 PM12/21/20
to JaCoCo and EclEmma Users

Hi,

Thank you for integrating Java 15. I found the announcement at https://www.jacoco.org/jacoco/trunk/doc/changes.html. I tried to put following in my build.gradle:

jacoco {
// Required for Java 15 - see https://www.jacoco.org/jacoco/trunk/doc/changes.html for details
toolVersion = "0.8.7.202012180133"
}

However, there is 404 reported. Also backed by the output of search at maven central:

May I ask what can I do to get the latest snapshot running using gradle? Is it "just" the missing publication at maven central?

Cheers,

Oliver

Marc Hoffmann

Dec 21, 2020, 2:49:51 PM12/21/20
to JaCoCo and EclEmma Users
Hi,

you are referring to a snapshot version. Only releases are published to Maven central.

Please try 0.8.6. It has “experimental” support for Java 15 but should work without any known limitations.

Regards,
-marc

Evgeny Mandrikov

Dec 21, 2020, 2:53:36 PM12/21/20
to jac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

0.8.7 is not released yet and hence not published to Maven Central repository,

so either grab it from snapshot reposotory - see

or simply use JaCoCo 0.8.6 which works perfectly for Java 15

Regards,
Evgeny