Installation: Manual Download and Installation: Broken

Nathan Reynolds

Sep 7, 2021, 12:54:29 PM9/7/21
to JaCoCo and EclEmma Users
On the installation page, https://www.eclemma.org/installation.html, option #3 does not work.  Eclipse will not load the plugin.  I have 2 other dropins as jar files.  These work fine.

I downloaded two different versions of EclEmma's zip file (3.1.2 and 3.1.4).  One at a time, I renamed the zip file to jar and restarted Eclipse.  Eclipse did not pick up the plugin.

I used option #2 but pointed to EclEmma's zip file on my disk instead of the update site.  This works for EclEmma's 3.1.2 zip file.  I did not try with version 3.1.4.

Please fix the installation page instructions.

Note: I am using Eclipse 2021-06 (4.20.0) on Windows 10 version 21H1 build 19043.1202.

Marc Hoffmann

Sep 11, 2021, 1:54:31 PM9/11/21
to jac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nathan,

what exact Eclipse package are you using? I’m asking because EclEmma is a eclipse.org since many years project and already included in most packages.

Regards,
-marc