jacoco not covering dependency jars

Teklemariam Teweldebirhan

Nov 17, 2023, 3:10:54 PM11/17/23
to JaCoCo and EclEmma Users

I am working on getting test coverage from test suits in postman, but jacoco is including reports from dependency jar , only covers the main application.

I have also tried to add the root package at it is the same for  main app and the dependency jar

below is my VM argument for spring boot application

-javaagent:<path-to-application>/src/main/resources/lib/jacocoagent.jar=address=*,port=36320,destfile=jacoco-it.exec,output=tcpserver , includes = com.bhh.*

can some one help please?

Thanks
Tek

Teklemariam Teweldebirhan

Nov 17, 2023, 3:30:23 PM11/17/23
to JaCoCo and EclEmma Users
 I want to add, I  also checked the session link, the dependency jar classes are listed there, but not in test coverage report, event hough the  test did execute those classes.

   looking to hearing from you.

   thanks
Tek

Marc Hoffmann

Nov 18, 2023, 3:36:10 AM11/18/23
to JaCoCo and EclEmma Users
Hi Tek,

this looks all good, how you collect execution data.

But please note that content of the coverage report is determined by the class files you provide at report generation time. What integration are you using to create the coverage report?

Regards,
-marc