JDK 15 is now in Rampdown Phase Two

Rory O'Donnell

Jul 17, 2020, 4:42:40 AM7/17/20
to JaCoCo Developers List, rory.o...@oracle.com, Dalibor Topic, Balchandra Vaidya, Deepak Nenmelithara Damodaran

Hi Evgeny/Marc,

Per the JDK 15 schedule, we are in Rampdown Phase Two [1]

Per the JDK Release Process [2] we now turn our focus to P1 and P2 bugs, which can be fixed with approval [3].
Late enhancements are still possible, with approval [4], but the bar is now extraordinarily high.

Please advise if you have any open high priority issues.

  • Schedule for JDK 15
    • 2020/07/16 Rampdown Phase Two
    • 2020/08/06 Initial Release Candidate
    • 2020/08/20 Final Release Candidate
    • 2020/09/15 General Availability

JDK 15 Early Access build 32 is available at : - jdk.java.net/15/

These early-access, open-source builds are provided under the GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath Exception.
  • Release notes
  • Recent fixes that might be of interest
    • Build 32

      • 8231800: Better listing of arrays
      • 8234836: Improve serialization handling
    • Build 31
      • JDK-8248505: Unexpected NoSuchAlgorithmException when using secure random impl from BCFIPS provider
    • Build 29
      • JDK-8233014: Enable ShowCodeDetailsInExceptionMessages by default

JDK 16 Early Access build 6 is available at : - jdk.java.net/16/

These early-access, open-source builds are provided under the GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath Exception.
  • Recent fixes that might be of interest
    • Build 32

      • 8231800: Better listing of arrays
      • 8234836: Improve serialization handling
    • Build 5
      • JDK-8218021: Have jarsigner preserve posix permission attributes
      • JDK-8245302: Upgrade LogRecord to support long thread ids and remove its usage of ThreadLocal
      • JDK-8248505: Unexpected NoSuchAlgorithmException when using secure random impl from BCFIPS provider

Cryptoroadmap updated

The "Best of the JDK" feature face-off tournament: Result!

  • JDK Mission Control is the winner based on the Twitter poll.

The Quality Outreach Report for June 2020 is available via the Quality Wiki page: June 2020

Rgds,Rory

[1] https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2020-July/004536.html
[2] https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/3
[3] https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/3#Fix-Request-Process
[4] https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/3#Late-Enhancement-Request-Process
--
Rgds, Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

Marc Hoffmann

Jul 17, 2020, 5:58:48 AM7/17/20
to jacoc...@googlegroups.com, rory.o...@oracle.com, Dalibor Topic, Balchandra Vaidya, Deepak Nenmelithara Damodaran
Hi Rory,

our JaCoCo tests against latest version of JDK 15 are green (which includes tag jdk-15+32).

Cheers,
-marc

Rory O'Donnell

Jul 17, 2020, 6:03:10 AM7/17/20