Baffling Jacktrip Issue #2

Conrad Kehn

Oct 21, 2022, 10:42:57 AM10/21/22
to jacktrip-users
Hi All,

Recently I updated my OS from Catalina to Monterrey.

Although correlation is not causation I think it caused a weird issue for me.

I have a Loopback setup that Michael was kind enough to help me build. It has 8 output channels as that is what we need for the duo project I am a member of.

After updating my OS, while in Jacktrip session, I could see signal being sent to my loopback output ( channels 1 & 2) but my partner is not receiving them.

I can hear him fine. He cannot hear me, even though loopback says signal is going.

When I delete 2 output channels, which means I now have 6 output channels, everything starts working again.

I tested this on multiple computers and set ups and it is consistent on the one laptop I recently updated. Baffled....

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and Jack related things and loopback multiple times.

After updating my OS and restarting I got a series of pop-ups about certificates but I didn't read them carefully and clicked through them and then noticed one said something about Rogue amoeba Loopback. No idea how to go back as see that again. And I thought uninstalling/ reinstalling Loopback might fix if this was the problem.

Thoughts?

Conrad