User selects server, clicks Connect, then nothing

Michael Peets

Apr 23, 2021, 4:45:42 PM4/23/21
to jacktrip-users
So,
- one of my bandmates buys  a Jacktrip virtual studio device,
- he signs up to app.jacktrip.org,
- the device is recognized
- he selects my managed server
- when he clicks Connect, the server is deselected in the app
- I verify my server has been started, and that I can connect to it
- I get him to reboot his device, but same problem
- he is using a Win10 laptop

Hard for me to tell why he cannot connect. Any ideas?

Synthia Cynthia Payne

Apr 23, 2021, 5:11:41 PM4/23/21
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
Could you attach screenshots of the part where he connects, and the
server is deselected in the app? I'm not sure what you mean.

I've attached a screenshot that shows what it looks like after choosing
a server, and clicking "connect". One should see, "Connected to <name of
server> (Ready)"

Sometimes people do not realize that the server list on the device page
does "disappear", but you can see that server details on the "servers"
tab below the devices tab on the left side panel.

I hope this helps.

synthia
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jacktrip-users/a0b3761e-a79c-4c8f-b889-b62676a3e341n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jacktrip-users/a0b3761e-a79c-4c8f-b889-b62676a3e341n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
connected.JPG

Michael Peets

Apr 23, 2021, 6:20:37 PM4/23/21
to jacktrip-users
The user is not tech-savvy. We connected up with Zoom (that took 2 hours) and he eventually shared his screen while I talked him though connecting to the server.  I should have taken a screen shot, but didn’t.  As, I indicated, he selected my server in the app in his browser. When he clicked on the green Connect button on the right of the server field, the server field to the left of the green button no longer had the name of the previously selected server.  Now that I think about it, though, when he typed in the name of my server, it did not show that it was ‘ready’. Yet, I know the server was started and ready as I had no trouble connecting to it from my iMac. I’m thinking perhaps he has port 4464 blocked by his router or his win10 pc. He has no idea how to get into his router or check his firewall or check the million things you need to check on a Win10 pc.