[jacktrip-users] No luck accessing to http://jacktrip.local with RPI4

Daisuke Yoshida

Apr 21, 2021, 5:50:42 PM4/21/21
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am trying to install a virtual studio image for raspberry pi following this page  and I can't access http://jacktrip.local. I am using my raspberry pi 4 and the ethernet is connected to the LAN which my laptop is also connected to. From my laptop I can ssh p...@jacktrip.local

 After connecting to the hdmi monitor I see it printed

-------------------
My IP address is 192.168....
My MAC address is dc:a6....

No sound card found

jacktrip login:
-------------------

I see that this script comes from /usr/local/bin/jacktri-init.sh

Reading this it says

"The pre-built VS device has an audio interface in it, but if you build your own, you will need an audio interface. The audio interface connects to your microphone and headphones."

Does this mean I can't use the raspberry pi's onboard sound (see the image below) ?

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 6.41.08 AM.png
If you can help me it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

JS

Apr 22, 2021, 1:58:36 AM4/22/21
to jacktrip-users

There was never any mentioning of the use of the onboard sound, as far as I can tell.

Hilpoltsteiner Michael

Apr 22, 2021, 2:03:31 AM4/22/21
to jacktrip-users
Please make sure, that the Raspberry can access the internet through your router. Inside your home-network, you have access! I had that kind of issues also with other participants of my chorus. The reason was, that the router was strictly configured to only allow "known" devices to access the internet (e.g. Child-proof lock). As long as the raspberry cannot access the JackTrip server, the server cannot send the commands to them, to connect.

Daisuke Yoshida

Apr 25, 2021, 3:36:41 AM4/25/21
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Justin and Michael. I have confirmed that it won't work with the built-in sound card; but it worked with a USB sound adapter  : )