Jittery audio connections

JS

Apr 22, 2021, 2:05:51 AM4/22/21
to jacktrip-users
Background: I have been running Jacktrip on Windows (server) and having multiple VS devices spread around various location, all within a 30 miles radius. All devices connects fine and the web interface shows a sub 20-ms latency, with many hovering around 10ms.

Problem: Very often, there is at least 1 VS device whose audio would sound jittery or "robotic". The phenomenon may go away upon disconnect and subsequent re-connect. However, another device may then starting ingshow the same symptom. I have tried may different settings (sampling rate / buffer size) that is within a acceptable latency but the problem persist.

Could this be a connection speed / buffer issue?