Fwd: [Ietf CCRMA 153b] The impact of transport protocol, packet size, and connection type on the round trip time

Synthia Cynthia Payne

Mar 26, 2021, 6:29:34 PM3/26/21
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com

Begin forwarded message:

From: Synthia Cynthia Payne <synthi...@gmail.com>
Date: March 26, 2021 at 3:27:37 PM PDT
To: Nick Porcaro <ni...@ccrma.stanford.edu>
Cc: "ie...@ccrma.stanford.edu" <ie...@ccrma.stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: [Ietf CCRMA 153b] The impact of transport protocol, packet size, and connection type on the round trip time

Thanks Nick! That is so interesting because a couple of the members of a chorus I am supporting have 50% packet loss. I did some research and found that it could be intentional. Your post confirms that it probably is and there might be clever gamers admins in the house! Thanks again for posting.

On Mar 26, 2021, at 3:14 PM, Nick Porcaro <ni...@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:

I just found this interesting paper regarding how gamers deal with packet size, etc,
check it out-

https://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:1166955/FULLTEXT02

"The impact of transport protocol, packet size,and connection type on the round trip time”