Names of Devices Connected to Unmanaged Server

Michael Peets

Sep 3, 2022, 1:24:36 PM9/3/22
to jacktrip-users
So, when an analog bridge device connects to our JackTrip server (running on Linux), the device appears in Graph-Qjackctl with a unique alphanumeric ID, for example, “dca632ce5154”. Now I know that ID is my bridge device, but I can never remember my band mates’ device ids. When they connect, I can rename them on Graph-Qjackctl when I figure out who’s who. What I would like to happen is for Qjackctl to remember the aliases for our next session. Anybody know how to have that happen?

Synthia Cynthia Payne

Sep 7, 2022, 2:14:01 AM9/7/22
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com

Would the Patchbay in qjackctl work for you? After connecting, click "New", and it will ask if you want a snapshot. Rename and save it. Then call it up and activate it as needed.

Or how about JMess? https://github.com/jacktrip/jmess-jack

On 9/3/2022 10:24 AM, Michael Peets wrote:
So, when an analog bridge device connects to our JackTrip server (running on Linux), the device appears in Graph-Qjackctl with a unique alphanumeric ID, for example, “dca632ce5154”. Now I know that ID is my bridge device, but I can never remember my band mates’ device ids. When they connect, I can rename them on Graph-Qjackctl when I figure out who’s who. What I would like to happen is for Qjackctl to remember the aliases for our next session. Anybody know how to have that happen? --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "jacktrip-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jacktrip-users/d2de8d7b-8049-4913-8132-c82d82ab0788n%40googlegroups.com.