Support JackTrip Foundation this Giving Tuesday

Sarah Weaver

Nov 29, 2022, 10:52:48 AM11/29/22
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
Dear jacktrip-users,

Please consider joining us in donating to the JackTrip Foundation (JTF) this Giving Tuesday to support innovation and access in Network Arts! Note we are offering a Network Arts Game Day on December 11 for donors as a fun community-building virtual event. The work of the JTF is an extension of our community. Your ongoing support continues to build our impact together through donations and in-kind contributions. Please see our full letter below and feel free to forward the letter or link <https://www.jacktrip.org/support> to your contacts.

For international jacktrip-users, please be in contact if you are interested to speak further about JTF International Partnerships. This is a program we are aiming to establish forward to reflect our international community.

Yours truly,
Sarah Weaver

--

Dear JackTrip Community,

The JackTrip Foundation (JTF) was established in 2020 as a 501(c)3 non-profit to support the innovation and adoption of Network Arts through grants, education, and community building. To date we have established our legal nonprofit status, defined the scope of our activities, established the JTF Developers Network <developers.jacktrip.org>, and successfully administered 15 Equipment Grants to nonprofit organizations. Our website shows the full details of our organization: https://www.jacktrip.org

We hope you will consider joining our donor community during this season of year-end giving!!  All donors will receive an invitation to our community-building virtual event Network Arts Game Day taking place December 11, 2022! The game day will feature fun activities such as a virtual scavenger hunt, breakout room tag, IP address lucky numbers, and a social hour. Join us for this donors event to support the Foundation and connect with the community.

JTF has two public giving programs available: Public Donations, In-Kind Donations

1. JTF Public Donations

This program is open for donors to give any amount towards areas of the JTF:
  • Expanding the JTF Developers Network <developers.jacktrip.org> to publish open source documentation and tutorial code examples for JackTrip for education and accessibility to the public.
  • Expanding the JTF Network Arts Grants program to include Equipment Grants, Training Grants, Access Grants, Project Grants, Research Grants.
  • Establishing JTF International Partnerships for programs that reflect our international community.
  • JTF General Operations to run the Foundation.
Donations can be sent via check made out to “JackTrip Foundation” mailed to our address:

JackTrip Foundation
32 3rd Ave #142
New York, NY 10003

Or online via PayPal on our website:
https://www.jacktrip.org/support

JackTrip Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation. Donations to the Foundation from U.S. taxpayers are 100% tax-deductible to the full extent permitted by law.

2. JTF In-Kind Donations
JTF accepts in-kind donations. Presently the scope of in-kind donations includes network arts equipment, website development, and several more volunteers contributing time to the JTF. If you are interested in making an in-kind donation in these areas, to become a volunteer, or to propose another area of in-kind donations, please contact the JTF.

We are very excited about the launch of the Foundation and the impacts we can make in carrying out the mission over time. Network arts is a medium of our time that provides artworks at the forefront of the arts, unprecedented opportunities for live collaboration locally and internationally, access to performance and education opportunities, and advancement of diversity, equity, access, and inclusion. As an emerging medium in recent decades propelled by cutting-edge work for artistic and social purposes, necessity during the Covid-19 pandemic, and the public call for diversifying the arts, network arts is positioned for widespread cultural impact in present and future generations.

Thank you for your consideration to join us in year-end giving as we build the work of the JackTrip Foundation.

Sincerely,

JackTrip Foundation Board
Chris Chafe, Co-Chair
Kären Nagy, Co-Chair