Programming a raspberry pi for JT

BG Lyon

Apr 3, 2021, 7:17:36 PM4/3/21
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
Hi gang,
Can someone share the link for how to program a raspberry pi device, or what to put on the SD card for one, to make one’s own VS type thing? I use Jacktrip on my Mac, but we have a raspberry pi device that is just sitting here doing nothing, and I thought it would be fun to be able to set it up so that I could share it with a family member.

I realize there is a thread that contains the information for how to go about this programming. Also, from what I have gleaned, one could use a USB mic and headphones for the input output, and also connect the raspberry pi to a computer to have a visual interface. I just can’t seem to find the information when I go looking for it... thanks!

Beth

Louise Goldberg

Apr 3, 2021, 7:24:17 PM4/3/21
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
Here you go Beth!

https://help.jacktrip.org/hc/en-us/articles/1500002972042-Building-Your-Own-Virtual-Studio-Device-An-In-depth-Guide
I also use Jacktrip on my computer. I got a raspberry device today and successfully burned the image.
Let me know if you need help or want to try to connect with me. Where are you located? I'm in Oklahoma City.

BG Lyon

Apr 3, 2021, 7:39:03 PM4/3/21
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Louise,

I'm just outside of Philadelphia. I've had very successful collaborations with people in towns as far away as Toronto, Canada. I will be in touch if I run into snags. Thank you!

Beth

Louise Goldberg

Apr 3, 2021, 7:47:01 PM4/3/21
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Beth,
You're welcome. Happy to help, especially since a friend helped me today! Feel free to text or call me.
Louise

--
Louise Goldberg

Synthia Cynthia Payne

Apr 3, 2021, 8:29:48 PM4/3/21
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
You can also simply purchase a pre-programmed SD card on the following link:

https://www.amazon.com/JackTrip-Virtual-Studio-MicroSD-Card/dp/B08WRK356M/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=jacktrip+sd+card&qid=1617496157&s=electronics&sr=1-3

--
"Go at it boldly, and you'll find unexpected forces closing round you
and coming to your aid." -Basil King

BG Lyon

Apr 3, 2021, 9:04:07 PM4/3/21
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com