aggregate devices not appearing in qjackctl

John J. Williamson

Mar 20, 2021, 7:51:20 AM3/20/21
to jacktrip-users
Odd one here (OS X). When my USB interface is plugged in, no aggregate devices appear in the qjackctl menu. When it's not, they do. Even when it's plugged in, I can see the aggregates in the command line version of jackd. Anyone had this?

Mike O'Connor

Mar 20, 2021, 8:07:39 AM3/20/21
to Jacktrip-users
hi John,

i'm almost always in the situation where QJackCtl doesn't see all the interfaces on my machine because i have lots of them.  a gaggle of monitors, each with an audio interface.  a couple of hardware interfaces.  a flock of virtual devices (mostly Loopback).

my workaround is to remove devices until the one i'm after shows up in QJackCtl (restarting QJackCtl each time so it can reregister the list).  i select the target device, save that configuration in QJackCtl and then add all the extra devices back in.  in my case all i usually have to do is turn off all Loopback devices except the one i want QJackCtl to use -- my target device shows up, i select/save it and turn the rest back on.

mike