Jacktrip and Reaper rearoute

JS

Jun 17, 2021, 12:47:31 PM6/17/21
to jacktrip-users
Are there any users here that uses the DAW Reaper? I am trying to route my Jacktrip sessions to Reaper which is my choice of DAW and it provides an excellent "rearoute" ASIO driver for routing audio internally between applications to the DAW.

There are successful uses of this concept with folks using Jamulus (as seen in this document). However, the same trick with QjackCtl does not seem to work. I can never get audio either way to or from, say, a VSD device which has a successful connection to our server (which also runs the DAW).

Anyone got luck with jacktrip + rearoute?

Synthia Cynthia Payne

Jun 17, 2021, 1:01:03 PM6/17/21
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
windows or osx? I'm guessing Windows.
I have setups for both using Reaper's ReaStream (not rearoute).
On Windows, I use Virtual Audio cables and ReaStream.

following link is for a video that sort of explains it through a
slightly different lens (not jacktrip).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWqhaEd7RB0

I can give more details but not right now - very busy.

hope this helps some.

synthia