recording with jack_rec

11 views
Skip to first unread message

Daisuke Yoshida

unread,
Jun 4, 2021, 11:40:43 AMJun 4
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys

I have another question regarding how to record music while jacktrip is running with jackrec.exe. It seems it doesn't like my command.

First of all from jack_rec.exe I need to know the input parameters for jack_rec.exe

C:\Program Files\JACK2\tools\jack_rec.exe
usage: jackrec -f filename [ -d second ] [ -b bitdepth ] [ -B bufsize ] port1 [ port2 ... ]

so I see that I need to define a filename and find out port1.

Jacktrip uses udp but to make sure its port number:
C:\Users\daisuke>netstat -aon | findstr 4464
  UDP    0.0.0.0:4464           *:*                                    10184

udp port 4464 is used by the PID 10184 so to make sure that is jacktrip I used

C:\Users\daisuke>tasklist | findstr "jack"
qjackctl.exe                 10204 Console                    1    119,056 K
jackd.exe                     5056 Console                    1    106,904 K
jacktrip.exe                 10184 Console                    1     83,856 K


Then I start jackdmp followed by jacktrip and execute jack_rec.exe

C:\Program Files\JACK2\tools>jack_rec.exe -f "C:/Users/daisuke/Desktop/test2.wav" -d3 4464
cannot connect input port jackrec:input1 to 4464


I see that the error comes from capture_client.c 

   if (jack_connect (info->clientsource_names[i], jack_port_name (ports[i]))) {
            fprintf (stderr, "cannot connect input port %s to %s\n"jack_port_name (ports[i]), source_names[i]);
    

It looks like this input port that jack_rec needs is not the udp port # ? How do you use jack_rec.exe ? 


Thank you : )

Daisuke  

Synthia Cynthia Payne

unread,
Jun 4, 2021, 1:33:42 PMJun 4
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com, Daisuke Yoshida
Hi again!

I am glad that my advice helped with Qjackctl. Sorry I don't have
experience with this command.

Following is a link to a post on the JACK2 github to help get you started.

https://github.com/jackaudio/jack2/issues/668

synth

On 6/4/2021 8:40 AM, Daisuke Yoshida wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I have another question regarding how to record music while jacktrip is
> running with jackrec.exe. It seems it doesn't like my command.
>
> First of all from jack_rec.exe I need to know the input parameters for
> jack_rec.exe
>
> C:\Program Files\JACK2\tools\jack_rec.exe
> usage: jackrec -f filename [ -d second ] [ -b bitdepth ] [ -B bufsize ]
> port1 [ port2 ... ]
>
> so I see that I need to define a filename and find out port1.
>
> Jacktrip uses udp but to make sure its port number:
> C:\Users\daisuke>netstat -aon | findstr 4464
>   UDP 0.0.0.0:4464 <http://0.0.0.0:4464>           *:*
>                    10184
>
> udp port 4464 is used by the PID 10184 so to make sure that is jacktrip
> I used
>
> C:\Users\daisuke>tasklist | findstr "jack"
> qjackctl.exe                 10204 Console                    1    119,056 K
> jackd.exe                     5056 Console                    1    106,904 K
> jacktrip.exe                 10184 Console                    1     83,856 K
>
> Then I start jackdmp followed by jacktrip and execute jack_rec.exe
>
> C:\Program Files\JACK2\tools>jack_rec.exe -f
> "C:/Users/daisuke/Desktop/test2.wav" -d3 4464
> cannot connect input port jackrec:input1 to 4464
>
> I see that the error comes from capture_client.c
>
> if (jack_connect (info->client, source_names[i],
> jack_port_name (ports[i]))) {
> fprintf (stderr, "cannot connect input port %s to %s\n",
> jack_port_name (ports[i]), source_names[i]);
>
> It looks like this input port that jack_rec needs is not the udp port #
> ? How do you use jack_rec.exe ?
>
>
> Thank you : )
>
> Daisuke
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "jacktrip-users" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an email to jacktrip-user...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:jacktrip-user...@googlegroups.com>.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jacktrip-users/CAO8UB80bU063YzWFQbDz5RTZ7WK_xQNBmbKyf8h5niwhS9Tbhw%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jacktrip-users/CAO8UB80bU063YzWFQbDz5RTZ7WK_xQNBmbKyf8h5niwhS9Tbhw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages