any solution to M1 difficulties?

Noah B

Apr 28, 2021, 2:46:29 PM4/28/21
to jacktrip-users
I'm using a brand new M1 macbook pro laptop, and get recurring errors with jacktrip (latest version).

Screenshots of error messages below.

Any suggestions for getting jacktrip running again would be welcome!
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 7.41.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 7.42.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 7.41.37 PM.png

Marcin Pączkowski

Apr 28, 2021, 4:14:18 PM4/28/21
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
These issues seem to be about Jack, not JackTrip.

I was just able to start Jack on an M1 machine, however, it took a few tries with the built-in soundcard - I tried to change the number of channels (in QJackCtl Settings -> Advanced) to 2, the starting failed, then changed back and forth to default, and eventually after a few tries it started. Explicitly setting the sample rate might also help.

I used Jack 1.9.18 BTW.

Marcin