JackTrip and DAW

George Kastrinos

Jan 31, 2023, 2:06:35 PM1/31/23
to jacktrip-users

Hello there.
Anyone have updated instructions on using JackTrip on a Mac through Logic?
There are some older articles that use Blackhole type 3rd parties, but is that still necessary?

Thanks in advance.

Jan Stoltenberg

Jan 16, 2024, 12:13:54 PMJan 16
to jacktrip-users
Hey there!
I've recently posted a video explaining how you can use your DAW to connect with JackTrip.
The short answer to your question is: Yes, you'll need third-party software if you want to route in and out to/from JackTrip.
Cheers,
-Jan

Chris Chafe

Jan 16, 2024, 12:19:17 PMJan 16
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
Cool, thanks!

One note, if you're using linux with pipewire you're already all set to
do all the plumbing required with qjackctl, helvum or other routing
GUI's and can save the state with jmess.

Chris
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jacktrip-users/9fa329aa-0435-4e2f-a711-202f02b9b4cdn%40googlegroups.com
> .

Synthia Cynthia Payne

Jan 16, 2024, 12:27:11 PMJan 16
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Jan for replying to this message from last year! And thank you
Chris, this is great news for LinuxTrippers too!

And for Windows, the DAW called, Reaper, is JACK-aware and will allow
JackTrip in/out to be recorded directly. Reaper is not free, but it is
super-affordable, and you can use it non-commercially without buying a
license.

Happy New Year All!

Synthia