Default timezone for DateTime deserialization with Jackson using jackson-datatype-joda module

Evan Brodie

Nov 26, 2013, 2:25:25 PM11/26/13
to jackso...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I have a question about deserialization to DateTime using jackson-datatype-joda module. Is there a default timezone that date strings will be deserialized into? If so, what is it? Is it UTC?

I need to ask this because the documentation is not specific for Joda DateTime. I found in this article (http://wiki.fasterxml.com/JacksonFAQDateHandling) that Jackson will assume GMT as the default time zone for deserializing into java.util.Date or java.util.Calendar. However, there is no mention of Joda data types in this document. In addition, I specifically need strings to deserialize into DateTime objects using the UTC timezone, not GMT: although these two zones are very similar, there are some small differences and therefore GMT will not be feasible for me.

Please see this Stackoverflow question that I just posted. After you’ve answered this email, perhaps you should also update this SOF question too: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20222376/default-timezone-for-datetime-deserialization-with-jackson-joda-module

Thank you.