Java version error with doubleparser class on java 1.8 with latest release

jason...@fico.com

Aug 11, 2023, 3:50:59 AM8/11/23
to jackson-user
My project is stuck on java 1.8, I cannot change that. I need to update our version of jackson in order to keep up with security issues, but the latest version, jackson-core-2.15.2, causes an error when I go to build the application:

jackson-core build error.png

I know the error means that the class file, FastDoubleSwar.class, is compiled for java 17 while my project is on 1.8. But the MANIFEST.MF in the jackson-core jar implies that the jar is compiled/built for java 1.8. I believe this issue is because the FastDoubleParser library is being pulled into the jackson-core jar (see line 189 of the pom).

Can someone confirm this is the case? If it is the case then I imagine anyone on any older version of Java would run into this issue on 2.15.2, but the fact that this jar has been released for a while now and no one (that I can find) has raised this issue makes me think it's some weird configuration issue with my project.

Thanks,
~Jason

Joo Hyuk Kim (김주혁)

Aug 11, 2023, 4:23:16 AM8/11/23
to jackson-user
Did you build using an IDE? What was its configured the runtime/compiler version?
Build errors with such message  mostly comes from an IDE.
If IntelliJ menu is at [ File -> Project Structure -> Project Settings -> SDK ].

Just for a reference, I just pulled latest jackson-core:2.15 version and built.

Untitled 2.jpg

jason...@fico.com

Aug 11, 2023, 12:16:55 PM8/11/23
to jackson-user
I am building from the command line, thank you for checking on this and confirming that it's just an issue with my local setup.

Joo Hyuk Kim

Aug 12, 2023, 6:22:43 AM8/12/23
to jackso...@googlegroups.com
No problem! Hope u get it fixed