Jackson 2.17.2 released: https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson/wiki/Jackson-Release-2.17.2

Tatu Saloranta

Jul 5, 2024, 5:51:25 PM (12 hours ago) Jul 5
to jackson-announce, jacks...@googlegroups.com, jackson-user
Quick note: I just released Jackson 2.17.2 patch:

https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson/wiki/Jackson-Release-2.17.2

with about a dozen fixes -- most, as usual, to jackson-databind.
None is critical (unlike some of the fixes in 2.17.1), but the upgrade
from 2.17.0 or 2.17.1 is recommended.

At this point the focus will be on finalizing 2.18.0 release (see the
current state: https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson/wiki/Jackson-Release-2.18)
-- there are just 2 or 3 issues I would like to get resolved, although
none of them is a show-stopper.
So if things go well I might be able to release 2.18.0-rc1 before end
of July, although it is more likely that it'd happen closer to
mid-August (since I will have vacation over the last week of July and
the first of August). We'll see.

And beyond 2.18.0, we will (finally!!!) shift focus back to getting
3.0 (branch "master") ready for its release candidate phase during the
rest of 2024.
It has been quite a long road with 3.0 -- I actually branched it off
as early as mid-2017, during development of 2.9, thinking we'd "run
out of minor versions" :-D
-- but its progress has come in spikes, with long intervening lulls.
(for anyone interested in reasons for Jackson 3.0 over 2.x, may want
to read https://medium.com/@cowtowncoder/jackson-3-0-vision-jan-2021-62ce3047e896
-- written a while ago, in 2021).

Anyone, happy upgrading to 2.17.2, looking forward to 2.18 release
cycle and then work towards official 3.0,

-+ Tatu +-