NoClassDefFoundError com.fasterxml.jackson.annotation.ObjectIdResolver jackson jaxrs provider 2.4.0

Ahmed Isam

Jun 21, 2014, 11:14:23 AM6/21/14
to jackso...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
After updating jackson-jaxrs-providers from 2.2.3 to 2.4.0 I face the following runtime error:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [API V1] in context with path [/PublicAPI] threw exception [org.glassfish.jersey.server.ContainerException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fasterxml/jackson/annotation/ObjectIdResolver] with root cause
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.fasterxml.jackson.annotation.ObjectIdResolver

I use Jersey 2.9 and I configure it to use jackson-jaxrs-providers

    <init-param>
      <param-name>jersey.config.server.provider.packages</param-name>
      <param-value>com.fasterxml.jackson.jaxrs.json;fm.vive</param-value>
    </init-param>

Is there anything I need to configure? What is the reason for this? If I switch again to version 2.2.3 everything work well!

Thanks.

Tatu Saloranta

Jul 4, 2014, 2:54:51 AM7/4/14
to jackso...@googlegroups.com
Typically this is because you are using incompatible versions of jackson jars. I suggest you check versions; sounds like your version of jackson-annotations is lower than that of jackson-databind.

-+ Tatu +-