Regarding the organization of issues regarding value classes in jackson-module-kotlin.

wrongwrong

Feb 17, 2023, 8:23:45 AM2/17/23
to jackson-dev
Currently, jackson-module-kotlin is creating a lot of issues about value class.
So, I would like to do the following work.

1. Create an issue for value class serialization support and an issue for deserialization support.
2. Close the existing issues related to the value class and merge them into the respective issues created in 1.
3. Describe in the issue template that "Please check if issues related to value class can be reproduced in jackson-module-kogera, and then create an issue there".

Since jackson-module-kogera is a private project, I am concerned that it would be a bad idea to write something that would advertise the project.

Tatu Saloranta

Feb 19, 2023, 7:05:25 PM2/19/23
to jacks...@googlegroups.com
I think I agree with (1) and (2). But I think that adding a link to
private project from issue template would probably give the wrong idea
(and is probably not the right place for redirection in general) --
template should refer to issues created in (1) instead
("for Value-class related issues, see issues #aaa and #bbb to see if
they are already covered).

I have no objections if one or both issues from (1) had this note,
suggesting issue creation for Kogera project. As an additional thing
that may make sense.
So it would be slightly deeper in the issue path.

Does this make sense?

-+ Tatu +-

宮田木織

Feb 19, 2023, 8:17:23 PM2/19/23