Blogged about FastDoupleParser improvements to Jackson 2.15: https://cowtowncoder.medium.com/jackson-2-15-yet-faster-floating-point-reads-fd6d5a0b769a

Tatu Saloranta

Apr 9, 2023, 9:04:46 PM4/9/23
to jacks...@googlegroups.com
So, before writing about Jackson 2.15 features (and hopefully
releasing 2.15.0-rc3 this week), I decided I really need to have a
look at what performance improvements we might be getting from
FastDoubleParser, originally included in Jackson 2.14:

https://cowtowncoder.medium.com/jackson-2-15-yet-faster-floating-point-reads-fd6d5a0b769a

now, I must add the usual disclaimer about microbenchmarks etc
(results may not be representative); and I may have made some mistakes
in testing etc. etc.

But I thought it'd be good to:

1. Get some numbers as a baseline
2. Start discussion on expected, observed performance improvements, and
3. -- I hope! -- get others poking at results, re-running, tweaking
so maybe we find further improvements & at least understanding of how
and why numbers are the way they are

with that feel free to see if you can reproduce numbers, offer improvements etc.

-+ Tatu +-