About "Automatically delete head branches" option.

wrongwrong

May 6, 2023, 11:11:13 AM5/6/23
to jackson-dev
I saw that the "Automatically delete head branches" option is enabled in the jackson-module-kotlin repository, is this intended work?

Personally, I agree with enabling this option, but I am having trouble with the 2.15 branch being removed in cases like merging a 2.15 branch into a 2.16 branch.
I have set up almost default protection rules to prevent this, but if you have any common or recommended settings, please let me know.

Tatu Saloranta

May 6, 2023, 12:49:42 PM5/6/23
to jacks...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, May 6, 2023 at 8:11 AM wrongwrong <boran...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw that the "Automatically delete head branches" option is enabled in the jackson-module-kotlin repository, is this intended work?

I find it useful since I always delete branches, but since you are the
main active maintainer of the Kotlin module feel free to change that
for that module,
if it's not the best choice for you.

> Personally, I agree with enabling this option, but I am having trouble with the 2.15 branch being removed in cases like merging a 2.15 branch into a 2.16 branch.
> I have set up almost default protection rules to prevent this, but if you have any common or recommended settings, please let me know.

Similarly if you want to add protection for Kotlin module, that'd be
fine as well.

I merge directly from branches up (2.15 from 2.14, 2.16 from 2.15)
with simple merge so I don't need the original PR usually, fwtw.
So that's why I have enabled automatic deletion for most repositories. Fwtw.

-+ Tatu +-

> --
Message has been deleted

wrongwrong

May 6, 2023, 12:55:37 PM5/6/23
to jackson-dev
Understood, thank you.

2023年5月7日日曜日 1:49:42 UTC+9 Tatu Saloranta: