Regarding "More support for customizing java.time.Instant fields' deserialization/serialization"

Aditya Lahiri

Jul 19, 2024, 11:39:08 AM (7 days ago) Jul 19
to jackson-dev

Would anyone be interested in contributing to this discussion? We are trying to figure out a plan regarding JSTEP-5#unify-datetime-handling

Thanks and regards
Aditya

Tatu Saloranta

Jul 21, 2024, 6:14:45 PM (5 days ago) Jul 21
to jacks...@googlegroups.com
Note: discussion is specifically about unifying Jackson's Date/Time
handling for Jackson 3.0.
We get quite a few bug reports and one-off change proposals. But not
much in a way of coordinating changes, or trying to more consistent
handling over multiple types (and across multiple packages: "old"
java.util.Date / Java 8 date-time / Joda).

I realize this is a big thing to tackle but that also means that
one-off fixes can't achieve good outcome.

-+ Tatu +-