MacOS compatibility for M1 and M2 chips

Harry King

Jan 23, 2023, 9:45:09 PM1/23/23
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Mac Users,

We have prepared a test build of JaamSim that should be compatible with the latest version of MacOS and the M1 and M2 chips. You can test it for us by downloading the jar file from:

If your Mac uses Java 17, the command line to launch JaamSim some extra tags:
java.exe --add-exports java.desktop/sun.awt=ALL-UNNAMED -jar JaamSim2022-07-jogltest1.jar

Computers using an earlier version of Java can use the normal command line without the extra tags:
java.exe -jar JaamSim2022-07-jogltest1.jar

Please report whether or not this version works on your Mac and include the MacOS version and chip type (i.e. Intel, M1, or M2).

Harry

Lukin Egor

Feb 6, 2023, 8:50:03 AM2/6/23
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Hi Harry,

I might be wrong installing something, since I'm new for Mac and JaamSim, but getting an error

Снимок 07.02.2023 в 00.45.jpeg

 It is M2 chip,
MacOs 13.1, Java 17.0.6

Egor

P J

Feb 24, 2023, 3:51:25 AM2/24/23
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Same "The 3D graphics system has encountered a fatal error" message, macOS 12.6, Intel, Java 17.0.1 (and also 19.0.1 on another macOS 12.6 Intel computer).

Evan Stastny

Jun 22, 2023, 8:38:01 AM6/22/23
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
I get the same crash. Opening models shows no visuals. MacOS 12.5.1

Maurice Loillet

Aug 28, 2023, 9:12:51 PM8/28/23
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Hello, I get the same error as previous posts. MacOs 12.6.8. Intel / Radeon Pro 450. Any work around?
Thanks
Maurice

Harry King

Aug 29, 2023, 12:35:48 PM8/29/23
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
The test version of JaamSim for the M1 and M2 chips described above was unsuccessful.

Mac users with these computers must install Parallels and use the Windows version.

Harry

Harry King

Sep 27, 2023, 11:23:09 PM9/27/23
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
At long last, we have a version of JaamSim that works on Mac with the M1, M2, etc. chips as well as the old Intel chips. It has been tested successfully on a variety of Mac computers, but to be cautious, we have issued this version as a test release. You can find it on GitHub at:
The file to download is JaamSim2023-06-jogl25.jar

Harry