No view when launching executable jaamsim.jar

Da Lu

Apr 20, 2016, 11:07:20 AM4/20/16
to Jaamsim Users Discussion Group
Hi Harry,

I exported an executable jaamsim.jar. However, when I launched the program, the view window disappeared. It worked fine when debugging and running in eclipse. Any hint?

Thanks
Da

Harry King

Apr 20, 2016, 12:56:38 PM4/20/16
to Jaamsim Users Discussion Group
Da,

This sounds like a problem in your build script. The standard one we use is build.xml. You can find it on GitHub in the root directory, just under LICENCE and README.md.

Harry

Da Lu

Apr 20, 2016, 2:44:03 PM4/20/16
to Jaamsim Users Discussion Group
Thanks Harry. Problem solved.

kwes...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2019, 1:32:29 PM10/29/19
to Jaamsim Users Discussion Group
Hi Harry,

Can you elaborate on how to make the .jar point to a new build.xml? I am having the same issue as the original poster. However, I have even tried downloading the fresh .jar from Jaamsim.com and I still cannot get the View window to appear.

Thank you,
Kyle

Harry King

Oct 29, 2019, 6:51:33 PM10/29/19
to Jaamsim Users Discussion Group
Kyle,

The build.xml file is used to create the jar file from the Java source code. Once you have the jar file, the build file is irrelevant.

The inability to show a view window could be caused by a graphics driver that needs an update or by running JaamSim on a terminal that is connected to a server. If you are doing the latter, your server would need a graphics processor to be able to support the 3d graphics used by JaamSim's view windows. Most servers installations do not support 3d graphics.

Harry

kwes...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2019, 8:31:33 AM10/30/19
to Jaamsim Users Discussion Group
It was the graphics driver! (Not on a server, on my own machine). Thank you.

Kyle

Archana R

Dec 27, 2022, 2:02:51 PM12/27/22
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
I currently have NVIDIA T500 with version 31.0.15.2727 which seems to be the latest version and yet face the same problem. Can you please guide me how to proceed ? Thank you

Harry King

Dec 27, 2022, 2:11:15 PM12/27/22
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Archana,

Copy the contents of the Log Viewer to your next post. This will provide some information about what failed.

Harry

Archana R

Dec 27, 2022, 2:25:34 PM12/27/22
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Please find the attached.
Exceptions_eclipse.PNG

Harry King

Dec 27, 2022, 2:48:55 PM12/27/22
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
That is helpful, but the Log Viewer in JaamSim shows more information. The following image shows its normal contents:

log viewer.png

Harry

Archana R

Dec 28, 2022, 1:36:36 AM12/28/22
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Hi Harry ,
the log viewer is also not present when launching Jaamsim . It looks like along with the view , there is no Log viewer . None of the options in the launched Jaamsim is draggable / clickable aside from expanding the objects in the Model builder

I have clicked on the folder Jaamsim in eclipse and run.

In the Run configurations ,
Project : Jaamsim
Main class : com.jaamsim.ui.GUIFrame

If I want to run the DemoEntity.java , do I need to make any changes to the com.jaamsim.ui.GUIFrame file ?

Please find the attached screenshot of how Jaamsim launched looks
Eclipse_screenshot.PNG
jaamsim_screen.PNG

Archana R

Dec 28, 2022, 8:23:41 AM12/28/22
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Got the Log viewer
log viewer.PNG

uhlman...@googlemail.com

Jan 1, 2023, 2:08:41 PM1/1/23
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Hi,

I get the following message running the jar File:
The 3D graphics system has encountered a fatal error:

Shader failed: MESH_BATCH Program link failure:
error: Too many fragment shader texture samplers

How can I fix the issue on my linux computer?

Thanks for any help.

Br
Sascha

Harry King

Jan 1, 2023, 6:53:13 PM1/1/23
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Archana,

The Log Viewer image you provided looks like it came from a successful launch of JaamSim. Otherwise, it would show the same error traceback that you got from Eclipse. I need to see it for the JaamSim launch that failed.

Harry

Sascha Uhlmann

Jan 2, 2023, 8:53:29 AM1/2/23
to Harry King, JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Hello Harry,

Thanks for the hint with the following code:
export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1

Now JaamSim opened. Unfortunately, in a strange way. Please have a look at my video.
Log Viewer:
Operating System: Linux (version: 5.10.147-20158-g0a75306e5639)
Java: BellSoft (version: 1.8.0_352)

Simulation Environment Loaded
View window requested: View1
Found OpenGL version: 4.5 (Core profile, arb, compat[ES2, ES3, ES31, ES32], FBO, software) - 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 20.3.5
Found GLSL: #version 450 core

OpenGL Major: 4 Minor: 5 IsCore:true
Renderer initialized
Renderer loop started
View window created: View1
RenderManager loop started
View window displayed: View1

Do you know what else I can do to fix that issue?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Br
Sascha

My project.mp4

Archana R

Jan 2, 2023, 9:39:12 AM1/2/23
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Hi Harry
I have attached the below short video to show you my challenge here.
Thanks,
Archana

www_screencapture_com_2023-1-2_15_38.mp4

Harry King

Jan 2, 2023, 10:23:57 AM1/2/23
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Hi Sascha,

I haven't seen this problem before. All the various JaamSim windows are centered in the display instead of being positioned correctly.

This might be an artifact of the BellSoft Java you are using. Try using Adoptium and see if that solves the problem.

Harry

Harry King

Jan 2, 2023, 11:52:39 AM1/2/23
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Archana,

JaamSim does not launch correctly because Eclipse is showing errors in your source code. This is probably because you have not installed the jar files for JOGL correctly.  The Java Build Path window should look something like the following:

Java Build Path.png

Review the section 2.4.3  (Set-Up the JaamSim Project) in the JaamSim Programming Manual.

Incidentally, before trying to run JaamSim from Eclipse you should ensure that JaamSim runs correctly on your system when you launch it from the appropriate .exe or .jar file.

Harry

Sascha Uhlmann

Jan 4, 2023, 4:17:15 AM1/4/23
to Harry King, JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Hello,

Thanks for recommending installing Adoptium.
Unfortunately, the behavior is the same.

Below you can find the log viewer text:

Operating System: Linux (version: 5.10.147-20158-g0a75306e5639)
Java: Eclipse Adoptium (version: 17.0.5)

Simulation Environment Loaded
View window requested: View1
Found OpenGL version: 4.5 (Core profile, arb, compat[ES2, ES3, ES31, ES32], FBO, software) - 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 20.3.5
Found GLSL: #version 450 core

OpenGL Major: 4 Minor: 5 IsCore:true
Renderer initialized
Renderer loop started
View window created: View1
RenderManager loop started
View window displayed: View1

Do you have any other suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Thank you very much

BR
Sascha

Harry King

Jan 4, 2023, 1:21:46 PM1/4/23
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Sascha,

Try using the Java 8 version of Adoptium instead of Java 17. That would make everything as standard as possible.

Harry

Archana R

Feb 6, 2023, 11:11:40 AM2/6/23
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
I switched to java 8 and now the view window appears !

I would like to debug the code in Eclipse.. Now that i am able to open Jaamsim via eclipse, does the debug statements appear in the Log viewer as well ?
Do you suggest i use LogBox ?

Harry King

Feb 7, 2023, 12:00:37 AM2/7/23
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
In Eclipse, use the Console tab which shows everything that is written by the program to standard out and standard error.

Harry