Conditionally route sim entities created with an entity generator

Julian Rosa

Jun 27, 2024, 1:54:33 PM (8 days ago) Jun 27
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group

Hi all,

I am working on a trucking distribution simulation. I have a working simulation at the moment but I would like to make a real time version of it now. Currently I use an entity generator for the trucks and there’s a flow it goes through from start to finish. But now I’d like for these trucks to start at different points in the simulation based on a state attribute given with the AssignmentsAtStart keyword. For example, once the simulation starts and as the entities are created id like the first truck to then go to the warehouse and start and another to start at the factory and another at the truck facility and maybe another in transit returning from the warehouse. I’ve tried to implement a conveyor after the entity generator as well as an entity gate and expression thresholds to try and conditionally assign the next component based on each entities state attribute but I haven’t had any luck yet. Any suggestions on what I could try?