Resource Utilisation with Threshold

Piers Milner

Jun 17, 2024, 9:01:09 PMJun 17
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Hi,

I am modelling Trauma Theatre demand and capacity with a set of resources. I want to calculate utilisation. Currently I am using the below expression:

'[Theatre1].UnitsInUseAverage / [Theatre1].Capacity'

However, this calculation continues even when the threshold is closed, so my utilisation is always low. I need a way to calculate the utilisation of a resource only when the threshold is open.

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I have been able to do this using a server, but require resource to manage priorities between urgent trauma and non-urgent trauma.

Thanks,

Piers

Piers Milner

Jun 18, 2024, 6:39:23 AMJun 18
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Update.

I have worked out a way to do it.

I took the working time from the entity delay and divided it by idle time for the resource (noting that the resource never seems to be in working state).

I now have the issue of trying to scale this method to when I have capacity to seize more than one resource. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Model attached.

Thanks,

Piers

TraumaV1.cfg

Harry King

Jun 18, 2024, 12:49:16 PMJun 18
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group
Piers,

Trying using a ResourceUnit object for each of your resources. This object provides outputs for total time in each state (StateTimes) and Utilisation, Availability, etc.

Harry

Piers Milner

Jun 20, 2024, 6:23:47 PMJun 20
to JaamSim Users Discussion Group